Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I've warned you about delving into my brain...

So..it's me...I'm back again (no...not Mr. Opportunity AKA Mr. O from the Honda commercials....you know, that cartoon guy that knocks on your tv screen while saying "I'm Mr. Opportunity and I'm [knocking]). The question is, "what are you doing back here again?" You are either bored or are just a glutton for punish.....or you have cracked the code to my demented pysche and actually understand my thoughts as I try to arrange them and lay them out on paper.

Oooo...Ooooooo....

You know what I'm doing.....I'm cropping. Ok, not actually cropping with scrapbook paper & stickers & embellishments (scary that I even know that word), but I'm actually trying to "layout my thoughts in a creative (and organized), but yet entertaining manner"...just like scrap booking AKA cropping. This is me, getting in touch with my feminine side, and trying to score some points with the most beauitiful person in the world, my wife and ever so loving soul mate...Amanda. I am trying to travel from Mars over to Venus. [wink, wink] The only thing is, I think my passport is a little outdated, and in fact may have expired.

Come on, all you parents know what I'm talking about. And for those of you saying, "oh no, not us....our marriage is the same as it ever was after having kids," I just have one thing to say to you...

"BULL S***."

You know how I know this...because I am a wise, intelligent, smart man!!!
.
.
.
.
.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm lying...that was BULL S*** also. See how easy it is to do. I am somewhat informed of you Venetians and your Venetian ways, thanks to this little book called Baby Proofing Your Marriage.

First Link: http://www.amazon.com/Babyproofing-Your-Marriage-Communicate-Better/dp/0061173541

Second Link: http://www.babyproofingyourmarriage.com/

This book is a great read and super hilarious. I highly recommend it.

OK, enough about all that stuff for now. What I really want to talk about today is addiction. Now, ok, I know the first things you think of when I say 'addiction' is things like; alcohol, drugs, and/or gambling. But what I am talking about is nothing of the sort, however, is as obsessing nonetheless. And that my friends is the.....[drum roll please] INTERNET. Now most of you are saying to yourself, "what?..no...not me." But as a wise man once said so eloquently [in the first paragraph above]...

"BULL S***."

If you have to check your email, Facebook, 'deals' website, ebay.....uhh...ummmm [throat clears] any Scrapbook website, you have an addiction. Look at yourself now. NO...REALLY....stop & take a look at yourself now and I want you to ask yourself this question - "What the hell am I doing reading this dude's blog?" Before you know it, you are going to be in a dark alley somewhere, with your Apple Macbook, and your Blackberry Pearl tethered to the laptop begging, I mean searching for an Internet signal, just so that you can get your Facebook fix. Is that what you want with your life...is it....IS IT?!?!?!?!?!?

The thing I want to know is....what drives us to develop these addictions. Why is this blogging crap the most WONDERFUL thing in the world all of a sudden? Why was/is Facebook so awesome AND ADDICTING??? Why are my friends from Venus Crop addicts?

Forget the question as to why God put us on this earth. The real question is.....WHY ARE WE ADDICTED TO THE DAMN INTERNET.

3 comments:

Haberdawoman said...

Pito, you are just crazy but oh so entertaining. Kepp it up. Rock band party anytime soon? I know a girl that goes by the name Tamrod is addicted to Rock Band and also my happy juice and is dying to play again as am I ;D

TamRod said...

I have many addictions! God knows I love Perez Hilton and no matter how busy I am, I find time to read his blog at least 3 times a day. Then there is the crackberry.....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those loving words babe. Trying to score some brownie points I see(Hahahaha... J/K). I love reading your blogs everyday so keep it up...I even laughed out loud today.