So it's day #2 and I find myself somewhat intrigued by this whole new idea of blogging...not to mention I remembered my logon credentials to this site. OK, fine, it was still cached from yesterday's session. But whatever, I remembered to come back...didn't I? If you are close to me and know who I really am, that in itself deserves some kind of acknowledgment...a good job, an attaboy....heck, I'll even take some 'snaps for Julio' .....ahhhh, come on, you remember....the 'Snap Cup' from the movie Legally Blonde 2. Hey, what can I say, my daughter is a huge fan of that movie ...[inner thought: and so am I, but no one has to know that. The secret is safe in my head and shall never be revealed...especially in some sort of blog like this one], so I am FORCED to watch it quite often. I'll do anything for my kids ...[inner thought: oh yeah, lay it on thick...no one will ever suspect anything.]
So on to what I really wanted to talk about today. Something that I need to get off my chest. A serious topic and subject in today's world. One that should not be taken lightly....and that is BATMAN!!! Now I know what you are thinking (if you're a female), "oh God, another 'Superhero, comic-book, boy trapped in a [chubby] man's body,' obsession of living out his childhood fantasies." But no, I am somewhat on the same page as you. Yes, I'm referring to the new Batman movie, Dark Knight, starring Christian Bale, who he himself allegedly has a 'Dark' side. Today it was reported that he has been arrested, detained, whatever you want to call it for allegedly assaulting his mother & sister on the night of his big premiere. Apparently his 'childhood fantasies' were a little flicked (word choice was for you TamRod) beyond normal superhero fantasies. In any case, I digress.
Back to the topic.
I find myself surrounded by die hard fans of not only this movie series, but of the actual comic book series as well. Their extensive background of the storyline & characters are both impressive and at the same time a little frightening. Did I grow up under a rock the first 20 years of my life, or was I just oblivious to this genre, cult, whatever you want to call it, altogether? I am going to see the movie today after work with a group of guys, but I find that I am just not as hyped as the rest of them. I mean, I am looking forward to hanging out with them and I am easily entertained by any movie ...[whispering inner thought: especially the Legally Blonde series], but I just feel like an outcast. Somebody who is not 'in the know' and who has not experienced this nirvana of Superhero Legends. Superman, Star Wars, Batman...might as well be asking me the important figures in the Civil War or World War II. Yes, I know I should know that, but like I said before...I honestly think I grew up under a rock. Truth be told, I'm just idiot with the memory span of a fish....yes, I'll keep biting that hook with bait attached, especially if it's a chicken wing smothered in bleu cheese dressing...yuummmm! Dammit, I digress again ...[inner thought: note to self - pick up some chicken wings and a gallon of bleu cheese later tonight].
Point being...I'm off to see Batman Dark Knight to tonight...and to have my man card stamped.
...[deep whispering final inner thought: I wonder if they are going to make a Legally Blonde 3? Ooooo...I hope so. Oh, maybe they'll have a preview for it today at the movies. If so, 'SNAPS TO HOLLYWOOD']
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just want to say from the bottom of my heart that I am so happy that you are blogging. LOL. You crack me up.
You didn't live under a rock, you were too busy hanging out with the coolness that is me to worry about comic books!
I have to say that I am really enjoying the postings that my hubby has done so far. He is an intelligent and funny guy that deserves to be heard. Go Babe!!!
Post a Comment